Saturday, August 1, 2009

CVS - Scenario for August 2, 2009

I think either this week or next is the last of the fun freebie weeks. So far my favorite store has been good about having about 80-90% of the freebies in stock. It's tax-free weekend here in Georgia and all the school supplies I buy should be tax free (which won't matter MUCH but should keep my final total low). So here's what I plan on doing:

Transaction one (because I need a coupon from the paper for a later transaction):
2 packs of Stayfree - $10
1 double Sunday paper - $2.50
1 SoftSoap - $4.99

Use BOGO Stayfree coupon and $2 Softsoap coupon. Pay $11.49 plus tax, get back $9.

[I just did the math and I can get to $11.87 with ECBs, so I'll have to find a 30-ish cent filler. A caramel, probably...]

Transaction two (only the tax-free stuff):
2 folders - 98 cents
2 notebooks - $1.98
2 packs of glue sticks - $1.98
2 pairs of scissors - $5.98
2 packs of pens or pencils - $1.98
MAYBE 2 rulers - $1.98 (I don't need these at all, but I could donate them I'm sure)
MAYBE one of each of the protractor/compass - $3
MAYBE 2 book covers - $1.98

All free and no tax, so pay with ECBs and should have no OOP.

Final transaction:
Blink Tears - $7.99
Use $3 coupon from Sunday paper, pay $4.99 get back $7.99.

I should wind up with 50 cents more than I started with. :)

No comments: