Sunday, August 23, 2009

CVS - Moneymaking Carefree panty liners, free notebooks, penny toothpaste, but no Poise

I had a grand plan for CVS today and it was foiled (partially). I wanted to get 10 packs of Poise - and my store didn't have any of the right size packages (and I looked all over). They also only had bundled Kotex panty liners (I was going to get them for filler). Plus I left my phone in the car and got nervous that my husband was going to call me (and had my hands full so couldn't run back outside).

So I got:
4 packs of Carefree ultimate protection panty liners - $15.16
2 CVS composition books - $1.98 (in my store, the ones with stripes were marked as 99 cents but didn't ring up that way, so I got the standard composition book design instead)
1 double Sunday paper - $2.50
1 Arm & Hammer Advanced White trial size - 1 cent (in a special display in front of the store)
1 caramel, thrown in as last-minute filler - 33 cents

Then I thought in my tired/nervous haze that my 4/20 was a 5/25 so I thought I needed more filler and the cashier thought I was pretty funny but no, I was at like $19.something and he said that was close enough for it to work. Yay! (I was going to add Rice Krispies as filler and of course this week they're on sale so not worth enough for what I thought I needed in my head.) (Did you follow that? I'm not sure *I* follow that!)

Anyway, I used 4x$1/Carefree printables, $4/$20 (given after other coupons - yes, it works that way), and $11.98 in ECBs. I paid $1.10 OOP (all tax - my pre-tax total was zero after I bought the caramel) and got back $17.82! So a nice $5-ish profit on all that stuff.

But the problem is that I still want the Poise - partially because it's a moneymaker but more because I wanted to get it for a relative. And I have EIGHT printables - and let me assure you, most of the stores around here WILL give me a hard time for that many printables (I also have 4 coupons from the beauty booklet that I can use to get the liners for "just" free). So I'm going to have to make several trips (hoping the other store I go to has them in stock). Bleh.

ALSO I now have a $15.16 ECB. And a $10 one too. I may spend those next week in part on things we need vs. "free" things because I hate having large bucks.

But...profit, things I'll use...a free newspaper...it's all good, I guess. And I got an extra ReadyFill booklet last week when I filled some prescriptions, so I have a few more 4/20s to spend.

Oh and in happy Universe-helping-me news, I was at a thrift store yesterday and found the EXACT thing I was looking for - blank (unlined) index cards. I found a bag of three packages plus a glue stick for $1.60 - random and fabulous!

Photobucket

Total OOP: $33.05 ($17.82 tax)
Total merchandise: 19 double Sunday papers, 3 single Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 8 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 20 Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 6 bottles Dawn, 4 travel packs of tissues, 7 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 Gillette shampoo+conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 4 Gillette Gamer razors, 4 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 2 small CVS mouthwashes, 10 25-count CVS cotton rounds, 4 small boxes of Wheat Thins, 1 Boost Kid Essentials, 2 Cascade Action Pacs, 2 bags of Halls cough drops, 2 Energy Shots 2 pack, 5 Colgate toothpastes, 1 small box Breathe Right strips, 5 bottles Suave body wash, 2 bottles Herbal Essences shampoo, 2 bottles Herbal Essences conditioner, 1 Snickers heart candy, 2 bottles Mylanta Mint, 1 Fruitopia shampoo, 2 Venus Spa Breeze razors, 1 Renuzit Tri-Scent starter kit, 1 box 10-count Carnation Instant Breakfast, 2 single-serving Pringles, 1 bottle Vaseline lotion, 1 tube Crest toothpaste, 1 bottle Irish Spring body wash, 5 Dry Idea roll on deodorants, 1 Colgate Max White, 3 Colgate Max Fresh, 1 Crest Pro-Health Enamel, 2 Hylands teething tablets, 2 Skintimate shave gels, 1 pack Juicyfruit gum, 1 Softsoap coconut scrub, 2 Colgate sensitive toothpastes, 1 Zantrex 2-pack, 1 Adidas deodorant, 3 Contour monitors, 1 Bayer quick-release aspirin, 1 tub CVS-brand baby wipes, 2 bags Purina dog treats, 1 box of Playtex tampons, 2 boxes of Hello Kitty bandaids, 1 Clearasil face wash, 3 Speed Stick pro deodorants, 1 diet Dr. Pepper, 2 Gillette Fusion razors, 3 Powerades, 2 Thermacare wraps, 2 packs CVS panty liners, 3 boxes Post Trail Mix Crunch cereal, 2 rolls CVS tape, 2 bottles school glue, 8 10-packs of pens, 2 rulers, 3 scissors, 4 1-subject notebooks, 3 Dove chocolate bars, 1 Bayer Breeze2 monitor, 5 photobooks, 1 photo DVD, 2 small packs of almonds, 4 packs of filler paper, 2 vinyl binders, 2 small memo pads, 3 bubble mailers, 4 composition books, 2 packs of Pilot pens, 3 caramels, 2 packs of sticky notes, 3 boxes Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal, 1 Blink Tears, 5 bottles Softsoap Serum, 1 Revlon mineral mousse, 1 travel pack CVS baby wipes, 6 Twix bars, 1 Milky Way dark bar, 1 Axe shampoo/bonus hair gel, 2 mini composition books, 1 L'Oreal Revitalift deep set wrinkle repair, 1 L'Oreal Revitalift Eye Duo, 6 Red Cross first aid kits, 1 pair Phillips headphones, 4 packs of Carefree panty liners, 1 trial size Arm&Hammer toothpaste.

Current ECB status: $53.11

No comments: