Sunday, August 9, 2009

CVS - Moneymaking Revlon makeup, free candy, stuff I needed!

Hey, before you read the post, you may want to check out an article I wrote for Examiner about how to save money on produce by using coupons!

So as I mentioned in my scenario post for this week, I saw several posts around the Internet saying that the $5/$25 from the survey on CVS.com was beeping and saying it wasn't valid until August 10. I decided that rather than deal with that, I'd save the coupon for next week (it expires 8/22) and use one of my 4/20 coupons from the ReadyFill booklet instead.

1 double Sunday paper - $2.50
4 Twix bars - $2
1 Axe shampoo with bonus hair gel stuff - $4.99 (on sale this week, which worked to my disadvantage in a way, funnily enough)
1 Revlon mineral mousse makeup - $9.99
1 travel pack of baby wipes (that we needed) - 99 cents
1 Milky Way Dark coupon (thrown in at the last minute as filler, wouldn't have worked with the coupons) - 50 cents

Used 4/20, $2/Revlon from August Glamour magazine, 2x$1/2 candy bar coupons, free Axe coupon from Maxim magazine (I do not like this magazine but Blender went under and I had a free subscription to that and I got Maxim as a replacement - yay for the coupon, at least!). I used a $7.99 ECB that rang up as a "CVS MFR COUPON" (if you're looking for a pattern - it was from a photobook, I think?) and that was adjusted down to $7.98 (my total was around $7.50 and I couldn't come up with an ECB combination that was closer to that than $7.99 so I threw in the candy bar) (and there goes my theory that if the ECB rings up as a manufacturer coupon, it won't need to be adjusted!). I paid 92 cents (all tax) and got back $9.99 - so $2 profit and the paper, candy bar, and baby wipes were all "free" because they were paid for by the 4/20.

Photobucket

NOTE: My store's employees gave me a heads up that the 6x8 photobooks will be BOGO the week of 8/23. I had been planning on using my raincheck next week to combine with the 5/25, but I may instead save the raincheck for the following week (when the 5/25 will have expired), depending on what kinds of scenarios I can cook up. I still have the free Rice Krispies coupon ($4.49), a raincheck for 2 packs of glue sticks ($1.98), and a coupon for 5 free prints ($1.49), and I know there are more free school supplies next week, though my store is often out of them. I also could splurge (haha) and use the 5/25 next week to get things we need like toilet paper and paper towels (I probably will since I have so many ECBs right now).

[Just for me: all the free stuff = $18.91. If I get it all plus the paper, Rice Krispies, and glue sticks, I'll pass $25 with ease - $27.88 - and can use the photobook raincheck the following week. If the store is out of something, I can use the free photos as filler plus TP and paper towels.]

Update: A friend gave me another $1/2 candy coupon, so I went back and got two more candy bars. All info below is updated to reflect that, but since I spent 2 cents and didn't involve any ECBs, it wasn't worth making a new post...

Total OOP: $29.20 ($14.38 tax)
Total merchandise: 17 double Sunday papers, 3 single Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 8 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 20 Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 6 bottles Dawn, 4 travel packs of tissues, 7 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 Gillette shampoo+conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 4 Gillette Gamer razors, 2 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 2 small CVS mouthwashes, 10 25-count CVS cotton rounds, 4 small boxes of Wheat Thins, 1 Boost Kid Essentials, 2 Cascade Action Pacs, 2 bags of Halls cough drops, 2 Energy Shots 2 pack, 5 Colgate toothpastes, 1 small box Breathe Right strips, 5 bottles Suave body wash, 2 bottles Herbal Essences shampoo, 2 bottles Herbal Essences conditioner, 1 Snickers heart candy, 2 bottles Mylanta Mint, 1 Fruitopia shampoo, 2 Venus Spa Breeze razors, 1 Renuzit Tri-Scent starter kit, 1 box 10-count Carnation Instant Breakfast, 2 single-serving Pringles, 1 bottle Vaseline lotion, 1 tube Crest toothpaste, 1 bottle Irish Spring body wash, 5 Dry Idea roll on deodorants, 1 Colgate Max White, 3 Colgate Max Fresh, 1 Crest Pro-Health Enamel, 2 Hylands teething tablets, 2 Skintimate shave gels, 1 pack Juicyfruit gum, 1 Softsoap coconut scrub, 2 Colgate sensitive toothpastes, 1 Zantrex 2-pack, 1 Adidas deodorant, 3 Contour monitors, 1 Bayer quick-release aspirin, 1 tub CVS-brand baby wipes, 2 bags Purina dog treats, 1 box of Playtex tampons, 2 boxes of Hello Kitty bandaids, 1 Clearasil face wash, 3 Speed Stick pro deodorants, 1 diet Dr. Pepper, 2 Gillette Fusion razors, 3 Powerades, 2 Thermacare wraps, 2 packs CVS panty liners, 3 boxes Post Trail Mix Crunch cereal, 2 rolls CVS tape, 2 bottles school glue, 6 10-packs of pens, 2 rulers, 3 scissors, 4 1-subject notebooks, 3 Dove chocolate bars, 1 Bayer Breeze2 monitor, 5 photobooks, 1 photo DVD, 2 small packs of almonds, 2 packs of filler paper, 2 vinyl binders, 2 small memo pads, 3 bubble mailers, 2 composition books, 2 packs of Pilot pens, 2 caramels, 2 packs of sticky notes, 3 boxes Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal, 1 Blink Tears, 5 bottles Softsoap Serum, 1 Revlon mineral mousse, 1 travel pack CVS baby wipes, 6 Twix bars, 1 Milky Way dark bar, 1 Axe shampoo/bonus hair gel.

Current ECB status: $40.95

No comments: