Sunday, July 26, 2009

CVS - Still more free school supplies, almost free cereal, moneymaking toothpaste

Before you go any further, I'd like to invite you to read my latest article for Examiner - it's a discussion of helpful websites for new and seasoned coupon users. I'd love your input in the comments on the article as to any I've forgotten! Thanks!

Another pretty good week at CVS!

1 double paper - $2.50
1 filler caramel - 33 cents (thrown in at the last minute)
2 packs of Pilot pens - $1.98
2 packs of sticky notes - $1.98
2 composition books - $1.98
1 tube of Colgate toothpaste - $2.88
3 boxes of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal - $10

Used 3x$1.50/Kashi coupons (printables), $1/Colgate, $15.98 in ECBs. [My total was under $6 at the end and I had a $6 ECB so I threw in the caramel so my OOP would be lower.] Paid 99 cents - 83 cents tax (bah!). Got back $12.94 in ECBs ("spent" around $3 on the paper and the cereal - the few cents overage on the Colgate pretty much balanced out the caramel). I may go to another CVS for the index card/pencil case (I wanted that!) and the binder clips (they only had the erasers - and I don't use pencils very often so I don't need erasers).

Oh and I originally had the tampons in my basket. When I was done checking out, I checked my receipt because I've had issues in the past (not with the staff, with the computer) and I didn't get the ECBs for the tampons, so I went back. And we looked at my receipt and it turned out my cashier hadn't even scanned them! I just gave them back - if I'm going to play the CVS game, I have to be honest! And I don't have a good ECB to use for them anyway, so it's fine.

ETA: I walked to the other CVS in town and they didn't have the push pins or binder clips or pencil cases or card cases either. They did have the erasers...but I just left without getting anything.

Photobucket

Total OOP: $25.81 ($11.07 tax)
Total merchandise: 15 double Sunday papers, 3 single Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 6 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 20 Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 6 bottles Dawn, 4 travel packs of tissues, 7 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 Gillette shampoo+conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 4 Gillette Gamer razors, 2 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 1 small CVS mouthwash, 10 25-count CVS cotton rounds, 4 small boxes of Wheat Thins, 1 Boost Kid Essentials, 2 Cascade Action Pacs, 2 bags of Halls cough drops, 2 Energy Shots 2 pack, 5 Colgate toothpastes, 1 small box Breathe Right strips, 5 bottles Suave body wash, 2 bottles Herbal Essences shampoo, 2 bottles Herbal Essences conditioner, 1 Snickers heart candy, 2 bottles Mylanta Mint, 1 Fruitopia shampoo, 2 Venus Spa Breeze razors, 1 Renuzit Tri-Scent starter kit, 1 box 10-count Carnation Instant Breakfast, 2 single-serving Pringles, 1 bottle Vaseline lotion, 1 tube Crest toothpaste, 1 bottle Irish Spring body wash, 5 Dry Idea roll on deodorants, 1 Colgate Max White, 3 Colgate Max Fresh, 1 Crest Pro-Health Enamel, 2 Hylands teething tablets, 2 Skintimate shave gels, 1 pack Juicyfruit gum, 1 Softsoap coconut scrub, 2 Colgate sensitive toothpastes, 1 Zantrex 2-pack, 1 Adidas deodorant, 3 Contour monitors, 1 Bayer quick-release aspirin, 1 tub CVS-brand baby wipes, 2 bags Purina dog treats, 1 box of Playtex tampons, 2 boxes of Hello Kitty bandaids, 1 Clearasil face wash, 3 Speed Stick pro deodorants, 1 diet Dr. Pepper, 2 Gillette Fusion razors, 3 Powerades, 2 Thermacare wraps, 2 packs CVS panty liners, 3 boxes Post Trail Mix Crunch cereal, 2 rolls CVS tape, 2 bottles school glue, 5 10-packs of pens, 2 rulers, 2 scissors, 2 1-subject notebooks, 3 Dove chocolate bars, 1 Bayer Breeze2 monitor, 5 photobooks, 1 photo DVD, 2 small packs of almonds, 2 packs of filler paper, 2 vinyl binders, 2 small memo pads, 3 bubble mailers, 2 composition books, 2 packs of Pilot pens, 1 caramel, 2 packs of sticky notes, 3 boxes Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal.

Current ECB status: $33.71

2 comments:

Angie said...

The article you wrote for Examiner sounds great!! Are you in Southern Cali? Or Georgia? I live in SoCal.

I was just browsing through all the great deals via MoneySavingMom's Super Savings Saturday list. I continue to be incredibly inspired!! Keep up the good work!!

Marla said...

I'm in Georgia - and thank you! :)