Sunday, February 1, 2009

CVS - Trip on 2/1/09

Something weird happened somewhere in here...but it still was amazing!

I bought:
2x L'Oreal face wipes - $11.98
1 CVS chewable aspirin - $1.99 (NOTE that this is not labeled as for children - children should never take aspirin - and instead is labeled adult low dose. No idea why the picture in the monthly booklet is wrong.)
1 Excedrin - $2.49
2x Stayfree maxi pads - $7.98
1 KY Yours and Mine - $19.99
1 CVS-brand paper towels - $2.49
1 CVS-brand toilet paper - 89 cents
1 Dr. Pepper - $1.49
2 Johnson's Buddies soaps - $1.38
1 double newspaper - $2.50

$54.18 total merchandise.

I didn't have everything listed at first - first I only had one of the Buddies soaps and no toilet paper or paper towels. Then the $10/50 wouldn't go through - apparently my total was something like $49.67 but the cashier (my favorite!) said it was saying it wasn't for my card (but it was). So I grabbed another Buddies soap. Then she pushed it through. Then I gave her my ECBs and my pre-tax total was $2.50-ish below my bucks! (Totally didn't expect that.) So I had to think really fast and I hadn't brought certain coupons but in the end I got the paper towels (I had a CRT) and the toilet paper (who can't use TP?).

So after the 10/50, I used 2x$2/L'Oreal, $1 CRT for Excedrin, 2x$1/Buddies, $1 CRT for paper towels, $1.49 for free Dr. Pepper (from the promo about a month ago - I knew this would come in handy!), BOGO Stayfree ($3.99), $5/KY, and $25.56 in ECBs (everything I had). I paid $1.05, of which 91 cents was tax. I got back $28.48 - TOTALLY unexpected profit! I still am not entirely sure how I finagled that - probably because I used the aspirin as filler instead of more Buddies soap.

Photobucket

Total OOP: $3.57 ($2.89 tax)
Total merchandise: 4 double Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 6 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 2 bottles Dawn, 1 travel pack of tissues, 3 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 2 Gillette Gamer razors, 2 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper.

Current ECB status: $28.48

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heh, I saved my free Dr Pepper coupons too. I was able to use my $5/$40 twice because of them, which I definitely wouldn't have been able to do otherwise since I got the craptastic ad this week.