Sunday, February 15, 2009

CVS - Trip 2/15/09

I got a tip that the scanner was giving 5/30s, so I made a scenario based around that. And I got one! Plus a 2/10 CVS brand CRT!

My scenario, however, counted on the store having the Boost for Kids, but they were out. But they had everything else on my list, so I just had to fill in a gap to hit $30 - and then I saw that the small boxes of Breathe Right strips (my husband uses them) were on clearance, and I had a $1 coupon (I may also have had a CRT but I *think* it expired, and you'll see that it didn't matter anyway) so I used that to reach $30. Then I grabbed another of the Energy Shots because I wanted to roll my $4.99.

Transaction 1:
2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste - $5.98
1 bottle of Herbal Essences shampoo/1 bottle conditioner - $5.98
2 CVS cotton rounds - $1.98
1 small box of Breathe Right strips - $4.49
1 Energy Shots - $4.99
3 bottles of Suave body wash (50% more bottles - this is important) - $6
1 Gillette Gamer razor (last one they had!) - $7.99

I used 2 $1/Colgate, 1 $3/2 Herbal Essences, $1/CVS Skincare, $1/Breathe Right, Free Suave bodywash [just realized she gave me $3 off rather than $2 - score!], $1/2 Suave bodywash, $4/Gillette Gamer. I handed over the 5/30 and $19.99 in ECBs *FIRST* and then gave the coupons, and my total was NEGATIVE 18 cents! Hooray! So I kind of wandered around and wound up throwing in a Snickers heart candy that was 50% off post-Valentine's Day - 25 cents (by the way, the manager told me some stuff would be "saved for Easter" and not marked down). My total OOP was SEVEN CENTS. (And my actual pre-tax subtotal was negative 83 cents!)

The 50%-extra Suave bottles, by the way, did not trigger the ECBs. I suspect they have old barcodes because they rang up at the right price and my receipt even says 12 ounces even though they are 18 ounces. So the cashier forced the bucks. Yay.

I got back $20.97 - about $2 profit! Since I bought a few things that weren't free/profit after ECB, some of my profit was eaten up, but it was for things we needed/use. Hooray!

So then I realized I'd only seen two more of the cotton rounds and I had two $1 coupons left. The cashier let me do two more transactions and when she adjusted the coupon, each was totally free (no tax) and I earned another $2. So in the end, I paid 7 cents and made a $4 profit. Nice!

Photobucket

Total OOP: $6.57 ($4.67 tax)
Total merchandise: 5 double Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 6 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 2 bottles Dawn, 1 travel pack of tissues, 7 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 4 Gillette Gamer razors, 2 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 1 small CVS mouthwash, 8 25-count CVS cotton rounds, 4 small boxes of Wheat Thins, 1 Boost Kid Essentials, 2 Cascade Action Pacs, 1 bag of Halls cough drops, 2 Energy Shots 2 pack, 2 Colgate toothpastes, 1 small box Breathe Right strips, 3 bottles Suave body wash, 1 bottle Herbal Essences shampoo, 1 bottle Herbal Essences conditioner, 1 Snickers heart candy.

Current ECB status: $25.97

No comments: