Sunday, February 8, 2009

CVS - 2/8/09

Transaction 1:
4 boxes of Wheat Thins - $4
1 25-count CVS cotton rounds (found in the travel section) - 99 cents
1 Boost Kid Essentials - $13.99
1 double paper - $2.50

-2x$2/Wheat Thins, $13.99/Boost (free coupon from website), $1/CVS skin care. Used $1.99 ECB. Paid $1.59 ($1.09 tax). Got back nothing.

My receipt, however, had a CRT for a free CVS mouthwash. And the cashier joked with me, "Are you going to clip coupons now?" and I thought, hey, there's that Gillette coupon in today's paper...and I have one more skin care coupon with me...and a $4 ECB and the free mouthwash. So I went back into the aisles.

Transaction 2:
1 small CVS mouthwash - $2.59
1 25-count CVS cotton rounds - 99 cents
1 Gillette Fusion Gamer - $7.99

Used $1/CVS skin care, $4 Gillette Fusion, $2.59 free mouthwash. Paid 26 cents OOP (the cashier put in a coupon last instead of an ECB, so my actual total was -2 cents, which came off the tax), got back $6 ($4 for the Gillette, and $2 for buying the two cotton packs, which were free)! Back to where I started (or, actually, a penny more). I have a few more of the skin care coupons and one more coupon for free Boost so I may repeat parts of this deal next week. Yay! (And even without the skin care coupons, I could roll my $2 ECB on 2 of the travel packs - the cashier would *gasp* have to adjust the ECB but it would work.)

PS Someone had cleared the shelves of the money-making Mylanta. Heh. Maybe they'll get more in for next Sunday.

Photobucket

Total OOP: $5.42 ($4.24 tax)
Total merchandise: 5 double Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 6 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 2 bottles Dawn, 1 travel pack of tissues, 3 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 3 Gillette Gamer razors, 2 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 1 small CVS mouthwash, 2 25-count CVS cotton rounds, 4 small boxes of Wheat Thins, 1 Boost Kid Essentials.

Current ECB status: $26.00

No comments: