Monday, February 2, 2009

CVS - My Other Card

I don't love juggling two cards most of the time, but when there are great deals on things I want/need/use, then it's OK. But I don't obsessively roll ECBs on my other card. That said, I had $14 expiring this week. I walked to the local CVS planning on getting more L'Oreal and some of the energy drink stuff (I don't use it but I have friends who will). But of course they were entirely out of the L'Oreal. And the Ear Rinse (plan B). So I grabbed the aspirin, the energy drink (they had TONS AND TONS of this, ha!) and then wandered the aisles trying to figure out what to do. Then I saw that Organix fancy hair product had a "try me free" tag on it, and it was almost exactly the amount I needed to spend. I like the idea of trying to turn ECBs into real cash, so I got that. I threw in a Buddies soap because I didn't want to relive the "I can't figure out how to adjust down your bucks" situation and I had a coupon, so why not. I paid 24 cents for all that.

Then my receipt gave me one of the Excedrin CRTs (I'd forgotten about the Excedrin deal, to be honest. If I'd remembered I might have used that in the above situation somehow.) so I went back and got the Excedrin and a travel pack of cough drops, used the $1.99 from the aspirin plus the CRT, paid zero, and got back $2.49.

So my other card has $7.48 in ECBs on it now. Not enough to use to get more L'Oreal with a low enough OOP to make it worth it if I managed to get to another store. *sigh* Oh well. :)

No comments: