Monday, January 19, 2009

Publix - January 19

There are some great deals to be had at Publix this week (in my area their sales end Wednesday). Not all of it is particularly HEALTHY or anything, but it's not the worst things you could eat...

Jolly Time Popcorn is free after coupon - there were 50 cent coupons in the January 11 inserts, and there is a printable here for $1 off. Either way, that's free popcorn. The 100 calorie packs do not have trans fat but the rest do. (And even the 100 calorie packs have a "trace" amount of it, but it claims it's not dietarily significant...). I believe this sale goes on for a while as it's an advantage buy vs. a weekly item. Oh and with three UPCs you can get a free reusable bag!

Eggo waffles are 45 cents a box. Sadly, the Nutrigrain ones didn't seem to be a part of the sale. Look carefully - it looked like only the $2.39 boxes are on sale, and not the $2.59 boxes.

Del Monte vegetables are on sale (BOGO) for 65 cents, and there is a printable HERE for 75 cents off the 50%-less-salt variety. 10 cent overage! I printed two and now I am wishing I'd printed more (it has a limit of two per computer, but I have access to several computers). Make sure you get the 50% less salt - the peas and the green beans both worked for the sale.

Green Giant vegetables are 10/$10, and there are coupons for $1/2 and 50 cents/2, making them 50 cents. I get the no-sauce spinach and corn when I see these sales.

Smuckers products are also pretty inexpensive after coupon, but it appeared to me that the ones that are on sale all have high fructose corn syrup and I do my best to avoid that, particularly in products my daughter will eat. (The Jolly Time popcorn may have it, I am not sure, but that's not for her! ;) )

I saved about $45 and spent about $100. Not as fabulous as some people's savings that you'll see, but we also got fresh vegetables, real maple syrup, Morningstar Farms products (those always drive up our bill - I love finding coupons!) and a few other things. Also I apparently grabbed the wrong Frosted Flakes - they were supposed to be $2.29 with a $1 coupon, making them a really good deal, but my receipt shows $3.99 - $2.99 after coupon. That's too much to spend on a box of cereal in my opinion, particularly a sugary one, but for various reasons I couldn't get back into the store to fix it so I'm just chalking it up to experience.

No comments: