Sunday, January 18, 2009

CVS trip - January 18, 2009

I bought:

2 bottles Dawn ($1.99 at my store, not $1.49 as reported elsewhere)
2 allergy meds - $7.58
3 greeting cards (American Greetings) - $2.98
1 travel pack of tissues - 50 cents

Used 2x 50 cents/Dawn, $12 ECBs. Paid 11 cents (6 cents tax), got back $10.58. The greeting card deal is really nice - I got three cards for future use. Then I realized that I need more cards - and another CVS nearby has Hallmark, which has a higher limit (I definitely reached my American Greetings card limit per my receipt) so I'll be going back. I bought the newspaper with my other card, using the $2 ECB I had that was about to expire and paying 50 cents.

Photobucket

Oh...sorry...

Photobucket

And I baked these (and made the frosting):

Photobucket

And they are VEGAN! Even the "buttercream" frosting! (I know it has nothing to do with saving, but I was so proud I had to share...)

Total OOP: $1.56 ($1.30 tax)
Total merchandise: 2 double Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 4 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 2 bottles Dawn, 1 travel pack of tissues, 3 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds.

Current ECB status: $46.53

No comments: