Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 47 - Trip 2 - My Other Card

Again with the random dollar - though this time I managed to hand over the ECB...

2 Maybelline lipsticks (neither in my preferred color but I think these will work) - $6.69 for both due to BOGO
1 Complete - $8.99
1 Powerade - $1.59
1 Pert - $2.50
2 travel baby wipe packs - $1.98

Used $2/Complete, $2/Pert, 2x $4/Maybelline (OVERAGE!). I thought I was under $7.99. But then my total was more than that, so I handed over an $8.99. Still owed over $1 so I handed over the $1 ECB. But then my total was negative 24 cents plus tax, so I wound up paying only 50 cents. I'm still kind of confused as to how all this math played out but typing it out, it...sort of makes some sort of sense. So I paid 50 cents tax and got back an $8.99 and a $1.59, so I made a profit when all was said and done. Weird.

My Rolaids coupons, for whatever it's worth, didn't match the products on the shelves. Now I'm not sure if they matched this morning either and the register just accepted them or if I had a different coupon or what. Who knows.

Anyway, in the end I rolled a bunch of stuff this week and feel good about getting more Complete later in the month. I have 2 coupons left and may use my other household computers to get more...heh.

No comments: