Monday, December 8, 2008

Back to Kroger!

Oh I *LOOOVE* this deal!

Transaction 1:
1 3-pack of Fleischmann's yeast. It's $1. I used a 45 cent coupon, doubled. I paid 11 cents. I got back a 50 cent Catalina.

Transaction 2:
5 3-packs of yeast.
1 box of Kroger brand baking soda (we were low on this - we use it for everything from baking to cloth diaper laundry)

I used 5 yeast coupons (4 40 cent and 1 45 cent) and the Catalina. I figured I'd need one item per coupon, so that's why I threw in the baking soda, which is only 59 cents anyway. In the end I paid 55 cents and got back FIVE 50 cent Catalinas. That's $5 in free groceries!

I have 3 more yeast coupons to use later in the week. I also read about free Life Savers - I have the coupons but am not sure if the sale is in my region, so I have to go check. Anyway, I'm pleased. I'm either going to get organic milk, tofu, or Morningstar Farms stuff with the Catalinas. Or, you know, roll them into more and more yeast first.... (at on-sale-with-no-coupon price this week, I could buy one yeast per Catalina and get the Catalina back...).

YAY!

No comments: