Friday, October 31, 2008

CVS Scenario - 11/2

I'm debating whether or not to do this scenario, but I suppose in the end I should have a low or zero OOP so I shouldn't worry too much about "losing" a few ECBs. But I don't really need the gum/candy either. So here's plan A:

1 Crest toothpaste - $3.49
8 packs of Icebreakers gum - $8
2 Cadbury candy bars - $2
1 double paper - $2.50
=$15.99

-$1/Crest, - 4x$1/2 gum
=$10.99

Now here's where it gets tricky if I'm going to do this. The best I can do with ECBs is $11.97, so I will have to "waste" $1 on something like toilet paper or travel packs of wipes or...some $1 filler. Not a huge deal but annoying. I'll get back $8.49, so I'll be taking a $3.50 loss.

But honestly, I don't need the gum/candy - it's just tempting because it would come out to $1 for all of it after ECBs (wish I had just one more coupon so it would break even!). So plan B, which is more likely:

1 double paper - $2.50
1 Crest toothpaste - $3.49
-$1/Crest
=$4.99.

Either use $4 ECBs and pay $1 OOP, get back $3.49, or use $5.98 ECBs and do exactly what I described above - find $1 in filler, pay less OOP, burn more ECBs.

The increments I have right now are $9.99, $4 (3 of those), and $1.98. So if you see a better way to do this, do let me know! I tend to have two copies of most coupons, but rarely more than that - but I can get extras of printables pretty easily. (But sadly I only have one Crest coupon - I must've used the other one somewhere.)

Oh and if you're wondering, my other card essentially has the same issue or I would just switch the entire production over there. Oh and I'm going out of town and may not hit CVS for a bit, so I would rather roll the bucks I have on this card, which have an earlier expiration date, than the bucks on that one.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: