Saturday, October 25, 2008

Kroger 10/25

Here's what I wound up with:

1 Cottonelle TP - 99 cents
1 Goldfish crackers - $1
2 Green Giant frozen plain spinach - $2
1 bag of Fresh Express salad - "Manager's Special" (it expires 10/28 but I bought it for tonight so who cares!) - $1.79
1 big ol' potato - $1.66

I got 50 cents off the Cottonelle from Cellfire, but then it did *NOT* also give me the 50 cents off of Shortcuts. I am assuming that it really does only allow one e-coupon per item and not one e-coupon per program. No big deal as I got overage for the Green Giant - I got 50 cents from Shortcuts and then ANOTHER 50 cents from Shortcuts (buy 1, get 50 cents and buy 2, get 50 cents) and I had two 50 cents/GG coupons so I got $1 overage there. Then 50 cents off the Goldfish from Cellfire. And finally, a blinkie of 75 cents off Fresh Express salad. With 18 cents tax, my total was $2.87 - my receipt says I saved 71%!

I think if I'd known I couldn't use two coupons on the Cottonelle I might've skipped it and had the overage go toward the potato and salad, but it's all good, it's just 50 cents. I got the toilet paper, spinach, and crackers for free, basically, plus the salad at a deep discount. Yay!

PS I think we're going to check out Aldi soon - I've been hearing more and more about them and I'm intrigued.

No comments: