Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kroger This Week

The funny thing is that I'm usually a Publix girl. I prefer not having to flash a loyalty card, and I find Publix to have a better selection and better prices. USUALLY. (Although one of the main draws I had to Publix was their generic line of vegetarian frozen meats and they've discontinued that.)

So. Last night I went to Kroger and got a bunch of things that we needed. I'll just give you the highlights though:

Two free cans of Muir Glen tomato paste with the $1/Muir Glen printable that is out there. I had three coupons left, they all expire at the end of the week, and I didn't know if we'd get to Publix (where I can get free cans of tomato sauce with overage) so I bought these because they were on sale for $1.
Two free bottles of Naturally Preferred water (Kroger's generic Vitamin Water) by combining the BOGO coupon from a few weeks ago with the Cellfire BOGO.
A free bottle of Herbal Essences shampoo and a free bottle of Herbal Essences conditioner by combining the $3/2 P&G coupon from this month with the $2/2 coupon from the P&G e-saver.
Two cans of Progresso tomato soup for 30 cents each by combining the $1.10 printable with the 50 cents/2 Shortcuts coupon.
Two bottles of Purex laundry detergent for $1 each by using the 50 cent coupon in the circulars. There is also a printable at www.purexsavesgreen.com for 50 cents and I plan to go back and get two more bottles.
Morningstar Farms products for $2.74 each with the $1 coupon that came out in the Publix booklet (it is a manufacturer's coupon). This is a decent price - Target has a better everyday price-before-coupon but this does beat Publix's everyday price-before-coupon (because they were on sale).

When all was said and done, I saved 41% on this trip this way - if you don't count the beer that my husband bought (heh, how could he pass up Yuengling now that it's in Georgia?) then I actually saved 48%, and I don't think beer should count toward groceries anyway. Ha!

I'm off to CVS later today with my other card for more razors, SoyJoy, and dishsoap, and I may hit Publix for more Purex, TP, and possibly Pert if they have it.

The end!

No comments: