Friday, July 18, 2008

Scenario for CVS - July 20

Here's what I think I'm going to do - I really want to take advantage of the Buy $15 worth of baby products, get $5 back deal. I actually use cloth diapers and wipes, but I can think of some other uses for the CVS wipes - especially if they're free or nearly free!

1 panty liners .99 [I am so sorry I bought one of these last week instead of using the makeup wipes to fill in a deal. Oh well.]
2 tampons - 2.98 [I have a funny feeling my store will be out of these, but we'll see - I'm going to come up with a plan B just in case.]
2 diaper wipes - 4
1 makeup wipes - 2.99
1 double paper
= 13.46

-2/10 CVS
-2 skincare

8.85 [I believe you can only use 1 skincare coupon per transaction. I may see if my favorite cashier will push an extra one through here, but I will likely err on the side of caution as I always do and only use the one.] I'm looking at it as one wipes is free and one makeup wipes is free-after-ECBs.

Pay with $7.99, .99, 48 cents + tax
Get back .99 [liners], 2.98 [tampons], 1 [makeup wipes]

Have $4 toward the $15 deal.

Then fish out the BOGO Trident coupons if my market gets them - I've never tried a BOGO coupon with a BOGO sale and this one is pretty low risk to test it out. Buy 2 All Free&Clear (use 2 $1 coupons), Trident (free if the BOGO/BOGO works) and 1 pack of wipes (free with the $2 skincare coupon). Pay with cash (!!! - or take an ECB loss, not sure but this is a good sale). Get back $1 for the Trident.

1 comment:

TLC said...

My stores make me get 4 products for the bogo's (I am then only having to pay for one) but in my mind that's great. Esp when you are trying to get your dollar amt up to use the 3/15 q. And since the trident gives ecb's back it works out great!