Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Other Card

I love the July towelette deal! First I used my 50 cents in quarterly ECBs (my experiment card didn't get any because my OOP was so low!) plus the $2 skincare coupon to pay 52 cents and get $2.99 back (plus the towelettes, which I will use!). THEN I went back (yes I went to CVS twice today - long story) and bought another pack of towelettes plus two pantiliners, used the $2 coupon and the $2.99 ECB (adjusted to $2.97), paid nothing OOP and got back $2.99 and $1.98. NICE! I plan to use the $1.98 toward the newspaper on Sunday. I think. But I also can do exactly the same deal from today with my experiment card (with a slightly higher OOP - $1.07 I think it would be for the first pack of towelettes).

And as long as this deal continues all month (I'm worried they'll adjust it back to $1 next week - but who knows?), I can buy 3 more packs on each card and each time use a coupon to get $2 in, well, whatever I want (the double paper is my personal best bet). However, I only have 2 coupons left - I hope my usual CVS has more! (The store I walk to didn't have any and while I know about the printable ones, I feel funny - can anyone confirm that they are legit?)

And I thought July was going to be an eh month - I'm VERY excited about the free photobooks that are coming up in 2 weeks! (All details about all upcoming deals can be found via the links to the right...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been using the printable skincare coupons with no problem. The guy today dug back through my bag to see what I was using it, and I pointed to the towelettes, but no one has ever questioned it being printed. I've read that they are availabe at beautyhandbook.com but something in my browser settings won't let me see them.

TLC said...

You can use them printed off of the beautyhandbook.com site. I too had problems with viewing them for a while but they seem to be coming up okay now. But you are perfectly "legal" to use a printed copy of the skincare beauty coupon cas it is online at the beautyhandbook site! :-) And I do see some people talking about doing more than one at a time - now that's not suppose to happen but it does... Not at the stores I go to.

You seem to be doing so much better than I am... I noticed you started doing the CVS stuff about the same time as I did. I need to watch your site better for your scenarios - They're way better than mine!! Great job.

I'm hoping to get down to my local store today to do the towellete deal - won't be as good if they did do away with the $2.99 ecb's but it will still be a good deal with the beauty coupon.