Friday, May 2, 2008

Day Six - Trip One

(I think I need to label these entries differently.)

Bought:
1 18 oz. Softsoap SPA bodywash
3 Colgate 360 toothbrushes
3 Aquafresh toothpastes
4 Johnson's Buddies soaps
1 pair of pantyhose
1 toilet paper

Used 3x $1 off the toothpaste, 3x $1 off the toothbrushes, 4x $1 off the Buddies soap, the $3/$15 that CVS emailed to this card (not the newspaper version), $15.96 ECBs, $5 ECBs

Paid $1.07 (.72 tax), got back $11.97, $8.97, $5.49

THEN, went back and bought 4 more bodywashes, 1 at a time.

Each time, paid with the $5.49 ECB. Ended with the $5.49 ECB and nothing out of pocket.

CVS 5-2-08

---

Current tally:
Total OOP: $3.27
Total merchandise: 5 boxes of Excedrin, 5 boxes of CVS pain relief, 2 rolls of CVS TP, 5 12 oz. Softsoap SPA bodywashes, 1 diabetes monitor (donated), 1 EOB gift bag, 2 EOB lip butters, 2 bottles Herbal Essences shampoo, 2 bottles Herbal Essences conditioner, 5 18 oz. Softsoap SPA bodywashes, 3 Colgate toothbrushes, 3 Aquafresh toothpastes, 1 pair of CVS pantyhose, 4 Johnsons Buddies soaps

Current ECB status: $26.43

(On my other card I turned $11.97 into $13.97 but missed a grand opportunity to have nothing out of pocket and instead paid $2.74 for 4 more of the bodywashes, a toothpaste, and a Gatorade for my husband, so the ECBs are a wash. If I'd done the math in my head more quickly, I would've added in one 50 cent item, used the $3/$15 from the newspaper, and paid zero or at least close to zero. Oh well.)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for the idea! I never thought of buying my Sundays papers at CVS with my ECBs! Its a great thought. I am going to do that too. I didn't see your $3 off coupon listed on you list. Did you subscribe to the paper online to get the CVS coupon out of it? Its good until June 6th I think. You get it free for 7 days so you can print alot before you 7 days is up. Again thanks for idea. Julie

Marla said...

Hi! You're right, I forgot to note the $3/$15 in my entry! I actually used the one that CVS emailed to me for the deal on the "experiment" card, and then I forgot to use the Post one on "my" card later - but I have it printed and in my coupon wallet! :) Thank you again for your comment - I always try to roll my Sunday paper into my ECB purchase so I get it for free or nearly free!