Monday, April 21, 2008

...My other card...

I liked this deal, so I'm sharing it here.

I started out with $11.97 in ECBs (one big one).

I bought 2 lipsticks, a box of Alavert (the bonus box with 18 pills), and a Speed Stick deodorant.

I used $1 off the Speed Stick, 2 $2 off the lipstick coupons, and $4 off the Alavert. Those plus the $11.97 = 64 cents out of pocket (63 cents of which was sales tax) and $13.99 back in ECBs, broken up into a $6, a $4, and a $3.99.

THEN I went back and got a tube of fancy Skin Effects face scrub and 2 bottles of dishwashing liquid. I used the CVS $2 off Skin Effects coupon (beware - this has been reported to ADD $2 to your total rather than take it off, and that's what happened to me but luckily the cashier and I both caught it and she fixed it - seems like faulty programming to me and it's a PAIN) and 2 25 cents off the dishwashing liquid coupons. I handed over the $6 in ECBs and 11 cents. Got back $5 in ECBs.

Net gain in ECBs, $1-ish, plus all that stuff for free! My YTD savings on that card = $835.96, and I've spent approx. $40 out of pocket to get there. (My spreadsheet, linked on the right, isn't complete because I can't find the receipts for the first few trips of the year.)

Back to the experiment!

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a neat one going on here too! (Wish I had a CVS closer. I'm a Walgreens girl...)
:)
Mary Jo