Saturday, April 5, 2008

CVS CVS oh how I love CVS

Hello.

I'm a new stay at home mom (to a 9 month old) and a freelance writer - so of course I REALLY like to save money these days (though who doesn't?). I've actually been doing the CVS thing (buying things with Extracare Bucks - or ECBs - and then getting more ECBs in return..rolling those, and using them for both essentials and fun things) for several months (started it while I still was working full time, I'd go to CVS on Sundays and buy the paper and then scoop up the deals) - and I've blogged about it elsewhere. So why blog here?

It turns out that I have access to a second card - my husband's. So here, I am going to chronicle using HIS card to see just how far I can go spending as little out of pocket as possible (sales tax only would be nifty).

I will be starting out with 50 cents in ECBs, his Winter 08 earnings. And I have a plan for my first few purchases as well.

I may also mention the deals I get with my other card, but this isn't really about that as I use that card for non-deals too (the Sunday paper, things on sale without an ECB return, things that come up that I need to buy that aren't on sale, etc.). This is going to be a chronicle of how much I actually pay out of pocket over time and what I get in return.

Watch this space.

No comments: