Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Day Two - Trip Two

Bought 1 Excedrin (Migraine). On sale for $1.99. (Maxed out this deal.)
Bought 1 CVS brand pain relief rapid release gelcaps. $3.99.
Bought 1 CVS brand toilet paper (filler/way to spend the 50 cent ECBs*). 89 cents.

Used $3.99 ECBs, 50 cents ECBs, $2 Excedrin coupon. Paid 54 cents (37 cents for the TP and 17 cents tax).

Received $3.99 ECBs and $1 ECBs.

*Yes, there are other ways I could have worked this, but yesterday I went to a different CVS and tried to just buy the CVS pain relief ($3.99) and the cashier couldn't figure out how to adjust my ECBs by a whole penny. Today I went to a different CVS and wanted the trip to go smoothly (although I suspect the cashier could've handled it - she handled the $2 coupon for the $1.99 Excedrin!) - AND wanted to turn that 50 cents - which were sort of skewing my experiment - into something else anyway. And who doesn't need TP? ;)

Excedrin, CVS pain pills, TP

---
Current tally:
Total OOP: $1.06
Total merchandise: 5 boxes of Excedrin, 1 box of CVS pain relief, 1 roll of CVS TP
Current ECB status: $4.99

No comments: