Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Scenarios

ETA: I came up with another idea. Do the L'Oreal deal with this card. Do the foundation/paper deal with the other card (I have an $8 ECB). That might be my best bet! I'm going to leave this post up though because it has some good ideas.

So after a kind commenter pointed out to me that I wouldn't have to pay a ton of tax on the L'Oreal stuff this week if I used ECBs and a CRT (and a coupon), I thought hey, I could do that!

Then I realized I would end up with a $15.99 ECB. Which is fine - but I need to buy the paper on Sunday.

If I do the L'Oreal deal and I don't want to spend a lot OOP on the paper, I either have to burn my $1.59 ECB and pay about $1 OOP or burn my $3.49 ECB and get a filler and lose the whole thing (but pay nothing OOP, which I always prefer). (Feel free to chime in at any time, dear readers, with suggestions on how to make this work better!)

If I don't do the L'Oreal deal, then I will buy the Maybelline foundation for $8.99 plus the double paper for $2.50, use the $3 foundation coupon plus $8.08 in ECBs ($2, $3.49, $1.59, and the $1 from the Globe), pay about 50 cents OOP and get back $8.99.

Plus it's cold out and a walk to CVS...brrrr. And I'm more likely to use the foundation than the L'Oreal stuff.

So I think I may pass on the L'Oreal moneymaker unless I can figure out a way to come out ahead by doing everything! Am I missing something somewhere? Note that I have two sets of most coupons and no beauty book. (I looked and looked...never found the Duracell coupons either...)

No comments: