Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kroger - 100% savings

After a delightful day hitting many, many yard sales (several local neighborhoods had their sale days), I swung by Kroger and got the following for entirely free, nothing OOP:
1 box of Piccolini pasta
1 Suave deodorant
1 bag of Mahatma rice (white rice)

I did in fact get 25 cents overage on the Piccolini pasta coupon - those coupons expire on 4/30 and I'm going out of town so can't order/buy/whatever any more, but what a great deal that could be! Anyway, the rice ate up some of the overage, but I still had some, which confused (slightly) the cashier at the self checkout machines, but she waved me off with my receipt and zero OOP. Wish I'd gotten one more bag of rice (it would've been free too) but my husband pointed out we don't really eat white rice (well, I eat white sticky short grain rice, but otherwise it's always brown rice, he's right) (but I could've donated it) (but anyway...if I go back to Kroger it still will only be 9 cents if I really want it).

Anyway, the Barilla coupons were in the 3/29 Smartsource flyer - you can get free whole grain pasta AND free Piccolini pasta with those. Of course 3/29 was the week I got a single paper, not a double paper...figures...

Have you checked out the Atlanta Budget Grocery Examiner yet? I plan on posting really great deals like the above over there...!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're lucky the Barilla is on sale in your area. It's $1.50-ish here. My sale week starts on Monday so I'm hoping there's a chance it'll be on sale then.

McCormick Grinders would be free too. They're 10 for $10 in a lot of regions and there was a $1/1 in a recent-ish insert. Unfortunately I've already used all my coupons up and I can't find them cheap enough anywhere to warrant buying them.