Sunday, April 5, 2009

CVS - Free shaving cream, gum, cough drops

Quick update: I'm now the Atlanta Budget Grocery Examiner! Click the link to check out my articles about how to save money on your groceries (and more). You might even want to subscribe as I plan on publishing multiple articles a week, some Atlanta-centric and some that are more general! I'm really really excited about this new opportunity. Thanks!

Now onto the CVS story....

Bleh. I wasn't at all happy with how today's trip went.

First, I went to pull my Schick Intuition $4 coupons (use 2, the Intuition is $9.99 and BOGO, so you'll get two for $1.99, and they have cute little bonus sets with sample sizes of Dove stuff that count). Well, that week for some reason (I may have written it here) one of my coupon inserts was missing a section - THAT section. So I only had one $4 coupon and I don't exactly need any razors right now...still, annoying.

Then, I get to my favorite store and...no double papers. But there are enough coupons in this week's paper that I decided to just spend the bucks and buy two. *sigh* I hope they're all in each paper - I tried to peek and it looked promising.

Finally, I totally forgot about my other card and didn't use my other bucks. My plan is to just spend those down and not use two cards anymore, it's too much of a pain. But in the meantime, I may wander down to the dramariffic CVS to see if I can use it.

All that to say...

2 Sunday papers - $4
1 Skintimate shave gel - $3.49
1 Halls 30-pack (strawberry) - $2.19
1 pack of Juicy Fruit - $1.29

Used free gum coupon, free Halls coupon, $6.99 in ECBs. Paid 52 cents (2 cents tax). Got back $3.49.

Photobucket

Total OOP: $10.13 ($6.13 tax)
Total merchandise: 9 double Sunday papers, 3 single Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 6 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 4 bottles Dawn, 3 travel packs of tissues, 7 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 Gillette shampoo+conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 4 Gillette Gamer razors, 2 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 1 small CVS mouthwash, 10 25-count CVS cotton rounds, 4 small boxes of Wheat Thins, 1 Boost Kid Essentials, 2 Cascade Action Pacs, 2 bags of Halls cough drops, 2 Energy Shots 2 pack, 4 Colgate toothpastes, 1 small box Breathe Right strips, 3 bottles Suave body wash, 2 bottles Herbal Essences shampoo, 2 bottles Herbal Essences conditioner, 1 Snickers heart candy, 2 bottles Mylanta Mint, 1 Fruitopia shampoo, 2 Venus Spa Breeze razors, 1 Renuzit Tri-Scent starter kit, 1 box 10-count Carnation Instant Breakfast, 2 single-serving Pringles, 1 bottle Vaseline lotion, 1 tube Crest toothpaste, 1 bottle Irish Spring body wash, 3 Dry Idea roll on deodorants, 1 Colgate Max White, 1 Crest Pro-Health Enamel, 1 Hylands teething tablets, 1 Skintimate shave gel, 1 pack Juicyfruit gum.

Current ECB status: $6.48

No comments: