Sunday, March 15, 2009

CVS - Out of stock!

Alas, my CVS didn't have either the Colgate toothpaste or toothbrushes in - not even a spot on the shelf. "We're hoping they'll be on the truck tonight!" I was told. And there were only 2 Dry Idea roll ons left. I had wanted to max out the deal (I had 4 coupons - 2 printed on 2 computers) but I also don't feel like going to another store later, so I just got the two. More on this later.

I bought:
1 Irish Spring body wash - $4.99
2 Dry Idea roll on (Powder Fresh - it worked) - $5.98
1 double paper - $2.50

I used 2 $2/Dry Idea coupons, $8.99 in ECBs, 42 cents on a money card, 37 cents OOP. Got back $8.99. Now I wish I'd been able to fish out the Irish Spring coupon to use in the transaction, but for various reasons that really wasn't possible. (It would've made me break even.)

So if I do make it to another CVS, I would get one more Dry Idea and one travel pack of baby wipes. If I had over a $2 ECB first and then the $2 coupon, it should be close to free for both. I don't use the Dry Idea, but I'll take the free baby wipes. OR I could do the Colgate + Dry Idea, hand over $4 first and then the $2 coupon, and get back $4.99. A better deal (money maker) but I do need those baby wipes. We'll see...

Oh, and I had a $4.99 ECB on my other card, so I got one more body wash for free (no OOP) with that.

Photobucket

Total OOP: $8.54 ($5.84 tax)
Total merchandise: 8 double Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 6 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 4 bottles Dawn, 2 travel packs of tissues, 7 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 Gillette shampoo+conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 4 Gillette Gamer razors, 2 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 1 small CVS mouthwash, 10 25-count CVS cotton rounds, 4 small boxes of Wheat Thins, 1 Boost Kid Essentials, 2 Cascade Action Pacs, 1 bag of Halls cough drops, 2 Energy Shots 2 pack, 4 Colgate toothpastes, 1 small box Breathe Right strips, 3 bottles Suave body wash, 2 bottles Herbal Essences shampoo, 2 bottles Herbal Essences conditioner, 1 Snickers heart candy, 2 bottles Mylanta Mint, 1 Fruitopia shampoo, 2 Venus Spa Breeze razors, 1 Renuzit Tri-Scent starter kit, 1 box 10-count Carnation Instant Breakfast, 2 single-serving Pringles, 1 bottle Vaseline lotion, 1 tube Crest toothpaste, 1 bottle Irish Spring body wash, 2 Dry Idea roll on.

Current ECB status: $15.99

No comments: