Sunday, March 1, 2009

CVS - Carnation Instant Breakfast

I had a really nice little scenario going on and then...my CVS didn't have the ACT rinse in yet. But they did have the mini Pringles cans - which apparently were always right in front of me, but of course I didn't see them until three of my coupons had expired. But I did have two coupons that hadn't yet expired - and I thought I'd get overage from them. Alas, no, the computer was on to me!

Anyway:

1 Gillette Venus Spa Breeze razor - $7.99 [I knew I'd be "spending" $2 on this, but I like it so I didn't mind!]
1 Carnation Instant Breakfast - $4.99
2 mini Pringles - $1.58
2 Dawn Ultra - $1.94 [I got two because I thought the second one would be paid for, at least in part, by the Pringles overage, but I was wrong.]
1 double Sunday paper - $2.50 [after I got home, I found that one part of the SmartSource insert was missing - but just that. It seems there aren't many coupons in the missing part that I'd want two of but still, how strange!]

Used two 50 cents/any Dawn coupons from the Home Made Simple booklet, two $1/Pringles coupons, $2/Venus, and $13.98 in ECBs. The first Pringles coupon went through as $1, but the second was adjusted down to 58 cents. I paid 57 cents OOP [13 cents tax] and got back 8.99 [so I spent bucks on the razor, the newspaper, and the Dawn]. Oh, and in a week or two, there is a deal where you buy Crest and get back $2 ECBs - and I have a coupon for a free Crest, so I'll make up for the $2 for the razor then. :)

Then I used my other card (on which I had a $10 ECB from a survey I did - so actually free money!) to buy more Carnation, Listerine for a family member who requested it [I'll be paid back], and a 3-pack of paper towels [in retrospect, I could've gotten the vitamin D - which would've given me a higher OOP, but more bucks back - and I'm getting reimbursed for the Listerine. On the other hand, I don't need the vitamin D - I actually do take D, but in drop form - and we can always use the paper towels.] I paid my 93 cents OOP with my money card - technically using the bucks from my regular card on a different card, which is always nice.

Photobucket

Total OOP: $8.02 ($5.38 tax)
Total merchandise: 6 double Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 6 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 4 bottles Dawn, 1 travel pack of tissues, 7 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 Gillette shampoo+conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 4 Gillette Gamer razors, 2 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 1 small CVS mouthwash, 10 25-count CVS cotton rounds, 4 small boxes of Wheat Thins, 1 Boost Kid Essentials, 2 Cascade Action Pacs, 1 bag of Halls cough drops, 2 Energy Shots 2 pack, 4 Colgate toothpastes, 1 small box Breathe Right strips, 3 bottles Suave body wash, 1 bottle Herbal Essences shampoo, 1 bottle Herbal Essences conditioner, 1 Snickers heart candy, 2 bottles Mylanta Mint, 1 Fruitopia shampoo, 2 Venus Spa Breeze razors, 1 Renuzit Tri-Scent starter kit, 1 box 10-count Carnation Instant Breakfast, 2 single-serving Pringles.

Current ECB status: $20.41 ($.42 of it on a money card)

No comments: