Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 33 - Trip 1

I switched up my plans a bit...

Transaction 1:

L'Oreal Revitalift - $11.99
Used $3 coupon, $8.99 ECBs (adjusted). Paid 21 cents tax. Got back $11.99 ECBs.

Transaction 2:

(They were out of Perrier! I was rather amused by this. I will use my coupons to get it for free at Publix instead, as I've been doing all along, so no great loss.)

1 Crest Pro-Health Rinse (I like this stuff so I added it in at the last minute) - $2.99 (the coupon out there is for the bigger size and I don't cheat, in case you were wondering)
1 Adidas antiperspirant - $4.99
1 Nivea for Men "sensitive" bodywash - $4.99
1 CVS travel pack of baby wipes (the filler I decided on since they were out of Perrier - I use these in my diaper bag so they make great filler!) - 99 cents

Used $1/Adidas and $1/Nivea, $11.99 ECBs. Somehow in the way the cashier rang up the transaction it didn't make her adjust the $11.99 and in fact applied the overage to the tax. I suspect it was because she rang up my card at the end, but I'm not sure. In any case, my pre-tax total was negative 3 cents, and I paid 11 cents tax (but tax was actually 14 cents). NICE! I got back $4 for the Adidas, $4.99 for the Nivea, and $2 for the Crest. Lost $1 from transaction 1, but still up $2 from when I started.

Finally, got the two things I needed.

Transaction 3:
1 double Sunday paper - $2.50
1 box of 30 Breathe Right Strips - $10.99
-$3 CRT for Breathe Right, -$2 coupon for Breathe Right (had to explain to the cashier that you can use 1 CVS coupon + 1 man. coupon for each item), $4.99 ECBs, $2 ECBs. Paid $1.57 OOP (more than I'd planned but still a great deal), got nothing back.

And so I paid less than the cost of the newspaper for all of the above, and I still have $4. I also told the staff about the upcoming monitor deals so MAYBE they will have a bunch in stock during the appropriate weeks.

Photobucket

Total OOP: $56.33
Total merchandise: 5 boxes of Excedrin, 5 boxes of CVS pain relief, 2 rolls of CVS TP, 5 12 oz. Softsoap SPA bodywashes, 1 diabetes monitor (donated), 1 EOB gift bag, 2 EOB lip butters, 2 bottles Herbal Essences shampoo, 2 bottles Herbal Essences conditioner, 5 18 oz. Softsoap SPA bodywashes, 5 Colgate toothbrushes, 3 Aquafresh toothpastes, 1 pair of CVS pantyhose, 4 Johnsons Buddies soaps, 4 travel tissue packs, 1 Dawn dish detergent, 11 double Sunday papers, 1 regular Sunday paper, 3 Tums Quik Paks, 3 boxes of CVS Loratadine, 1 spray sunblock [returned], 1 small tube sunblock, 2 boxes of cereal, 3 Colgate toothpastes, 1 box of 3 Intuition razor refills, 4 Adidas deodorants, 4 Brut deodorants, 5 Dove deodorants, 3 boxes of CVS band aids, 2 packs of CVS cotton swabs, 3 Listerine Smart Rinses, 4 bottles Powerade, 3 Nivea shave gels, 1 Benefiber, 1 bottle Dove shampoo, 1 bottle Dove conditioner, 2 tubes Nutritioniste cleanser, 3 bottles Dove body wash, 2 Oral B power toothbrushes, 2 sets of 2 Oral B power replacement heads, 1 bottle Palmolive Oxy, 12 SoyJoy bars, 3 boxes of Breathe Right strips, 5 boxes of cookies, 2-pack of Oral B toothbrushes, 24-pack Gold Emblem bottled water, 1 tube Physician's Formula mascara, 1 small jar CVS petroleum jelly, 3 photobooks, 2 packs of CVS panty liners, 8 tubs of baby wipes, 3 travel packs of baby wipes, 2 packs of makeup removing wipes, 4 packs of Trident gum, 1 pack of Thank You notes, 1 tube of Banana Boat sunblock, 2 travel-size bottles of Renu, 2 12oz bottles of Renu, 4 bags of Lifesavers, 4 big bags of M&Ms, 2 small bags of M&Ms, 2 bottles infant Advil, 1 bag of 30 CVS cough drops, 1 travel-sized bag of CVS cough drops, 2 bottles of Pert, 1 CVS ibuprofen, 2 bags Dove chocolate, 4 packs of Stayfree pads, 1 pack of Kotex lightdays pads, 4 Suave bodywashes, 2 Covergirl Wetslicks lipglosses, 1 Dawn hand renewal, 1 L'Oreal Genesis face wipes, 2 Chex Mix bags, 3 Revlon Color Stay nail polishes, 1 L'Oreal Revitalift cream, 1 box 30 Breathe Right Strips, 1 Nivea for Men bodywash, 1 bottle Crest Pro-Health rinse.

Current ECB status: $4

1 comment:

Saving Cents in the City: said...

I'm jealous! I couldn't find the L'oreal anywhere! :(