Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Other Card (Trip 2)

So I got home and went to pull the coupons out of my double paper and...one of my papers had NO coupons! (And extras of one other set of circulars.) I was really disappointed - so I went to the other CVS with my other card and got:

1 double paper - $2.50
1 Dawn dish detergent - 88 cents
2 bottles of Suave body wash (Cucumber Melon and Sweet Pea Violet) - $2.79 each
1 (on clearance!) lavender eye mask from Essence of Beauty

Used $3/2 bodywash CRT, BOGO Suave coupon (worth up to $2), $3.99 ECBs (realized I won't have a chance to roll these this month so I spent instead). Paid 95 cents (23 cents tax) (I did my math a bit wrong but in the end I decided that I got that nifty eye mask so it's all fine and good.) And this card's freebie coupon was aspirin, which I do not use at all, so that was disappointing but I will get it and donate it.

Photobucket

So not a great day - is Mercury retrograde or something? - but not terrible. Here's what I plan for the rest of the week:

Go back for four more Pert shampoos (I justified buying one more double paper by realizing I'd pay $2.50 and get coupons that would give me 2 free Pert in there), two more 30 cent Dawns, one $1 Dawn "Simple Pleasures" (it's on clearance for $2 and I got a $1 coupon for it in the mail) and $5 in "School Supplies" to fulfill the "Buy $5 in Pert products and $5 in school supplies and get $5 back" rebate form from the paper. I'll spend $1.58 for the Pert and that + the cost of the stamp will get me some free pens and stuff. Not too bad! (Would've been better if I'd JUST GOTTEN MY DOUBLE SET OF COUPONS IN THE FIRST PLACE THOUGH. Hrmph.)

ETA: I almost forgot - when I got my Pert rebate, they sent me a $1 coupon! Lower OOP - yay!

No comments: