Thursday, May 21, 2009

CVS - Scenario for 5/24

So my $5/$30 doesn't expire until Sunday. SCORE! Let's see if I can make a scenario that makes it worthwhile:

1 Clearasil face wash - $3.99 [-$2 coupon]
1 Playtex tampons - $3.99 [-$1 coupon]
2 Bandaids - $5.98 [- 2 $1 coupons]
1 Colgate - $2.99 [-$1 coupon]
$16.95

There's also the $3.99 Revlon nail color - get back $3 ECBs. There's a coupon for $1 off a "Revlon Color Cosmetic Product" but I have learned in the past that there is a *specific* type of nail polish that is also a "Color Cosmetic." Let's say for scenario's sake that I buy it without the coupon...that brings me to $20.94.

After coupons, all the above will cost me $14.94 and I'll get back $15.99.

What can I get for $9-ish more to bring me to $30 so I can use the $5/$30? Hmmmm.

I only have $12 in ECBs and I hate paying OOP, so if I can't finagle the $5/$30 [and I don't think I can with a low OOP - may be able to figure out something we need though and just get it cheap], I'll skip the nail polish (which isn't even free), pay $10.95 [may need filler to get up to $12] and get back $12.99.


Update (thanks awshucks!):

1 Clearasil face wash - $3.99 [-$2 coupon]
1 Playtex tampons - $3.99 [-$1 coupon]
2 Bandaids - $5.98 [- 2 $1 coupons]
1 Colgate - $2.99 [-$1 coupon]
1 Revlon nail polish - $3.99
2 Speed Stick Pro - $7.98
1 Diet Dr. Pepper - $1.50ish [I found my coupon for a free one!]

= $30.42 before coupons
= $17.92 after coupons [could be $16.92 if I can get the Revlon to work]
= $12 ECBs + $5ish OOP (which is really high for me, so I don't know if this is all worth it)
Get back $23.97 ECBs. (Right?)

Update: I now have two $3/Purina coupons. I think I will do this:

Clearasil - $3.99
2 Bandaids - $5.98
Colgate - $2.99
2 Speed Stick Pro - $7.98
Diet Dr Pepper - $1.50 (approx)
1 Playtex - $3.99
2 Purina treats - $5.98
$32.41 before coupons, $14.91 (ish) after coupons, use $12 ECBs, get back $17.97.
Maybe.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You could get the Speed Stick Pro (limit 2) which is FAECB. That'll get you $7.98 closer to $30.

Marla said...

True, but then my OOP would start to creep higher. Hmmmm.

Unknown said...

Oh shoot, I forgot about that part. I think if I were in your shoes, I would just do your scenario and avoid paying a high OOP, especially if you don't have a need or want for any of the other stuff. You'll still be making $1 plus getting something extra for free (to get you to $12).

And the week of 6/7, there is another Bayer meter money-maker deal ($5 ECB, limit 1) so you can build up your ECBs a tad with that.

Marla said...

Yeah, I just saw that - I have more Bayer coupons so yay! I'm still toying with the updated scenario - $5-ish OOP and a pretty big moneymaker. If I can get the dog treat coupon to work, I could switch that with one of the deodorants for a lower OOP.

Then of course there's the fun of getting to the store and having them be out of everything, right? ;)

Unknown said...

Hi again, I just remembered that Sobe Life Water is BOGO this week (looks like PSA $1.79) and with the BOGO coupon (check my LJ community), that'd be a real easy way to get up to $30. There's a limit of 8 items per transaction but that's $7.16 worth of free filler for your transaction assuming you can print 4 coupons.

I don't drink this stuff but I figure I'll "buy" them for get-togethers or whatnot.

Marla said...

Yup, I saw that, but I'd rather use the free dog treats as filler. If I add anything else as filler, I'll be cutting down on the ECB items though, and then what fun is that? ;)