Sunday, May 17, 2009

CVS - Moneymaker on deodorant, cheap Suave bodywash

I think I could've done better if I had been willing to purchase more things I didn't need (and if I'd had more Dry Idea coupons - thanks to a printer issue, I only had three). As I was getting ready to go to the register, I scanned my card, and out popped a $5/$30. Fabulous - except I honestly couldn't think of $15 worth of "stuff" (I was up to about $12 at that point) that I not only needed but that would make the entire deal worthwhile. However, I got a $3/2 bodywash CRT too, and that helped keep my OOP low, as I'll explain below (isn't it funny when you have to spend *more* to spend *less*?).

I got:
1 double paper - $2.50
2 Dry Idea deodorants - $5
1 tub of baby wipes (ah, sometimes I need to buy stuff that has nothing to do with ECBs!) - $2.99

Then I added two Suave body washes because they were on sale for $1.99 each, and with the $3 off they would be down to 50 cents each. [Edited to note that in today's paper is a coupon for 75 cents off two bodywashes, which would've brought my total down to 25 cents for two. Oh well!] Also, if I had only bought the above, I would've been spending around $6.50 - but my ECBs would only combine to be $5 or $7. [And here I totally wished I had one more Dry Idea coupon so I could've spent $1 and gotten back $2. But I didn't.]

I used two printable Dry Idea $2 coupons and $7 in ECBs. I paid 61 cents (14 cents tax) and got back $2. Basically I spent one of my bonus $5 ECBs from last week. Not too bad.

Photobucket

Total OOP: $17.71 ($6.95 tax)
Total merchandise: 11 double Sunday papers, 3 single Sunday papers, 4 boxes Throat Coolers, 1 Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, 6 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, 1 box of sheer Band Aids, 4 boxes of Soy Joy bars, 1 pack of Nutra Trim gum, 4 bottles Dawn, 3 travel packs of tissues, 7 greeting cards, 2 boxes 5 ct. allergy meds, 2 3-packs of CVS brand paper towels, 1 box of CVS cold medicine (Dayquil-ish), 1 Gillette shampoo, 1 Gillette conditioner, 1 Gillette shampoo+conditioner, 1 box of 30 Breathe Right strips, 4 Gillette Gamer razors, 2 L'Oreal towelettes, 1 KY product, 1 CVS toilet paper, 1 10-count Excedrin, 1 chewable aspirin, 2 Johnson's Buddies soaps, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 1 small CVS mouthwash, 10 25-count CVS cotton rounds, 4 small boxes of Wheat Thins, 1 Boost Kid Essentials, 2 Cascade Action Pacs, 2 bags of Halls cough drops, 2 Energy Shots 2 pack, 4 Colgate toothpastes, 1 small box Breathe Right strips, 5 bottles Suave body wash, 2 bottles Herbal Essences shampoo, 2 bottles Herbal Essences conditioner, 1 Snickers heart candy, 2 bottles Mylanta Mint, 1 Fruitopia shampoo, 2 Venus Spa Breeze razors, 1 Renuzit Tri-Scent starter kit, 1 box 10-count Carnation Instant Breakfast, 2 single-serving Pringles, 1 bottle Vaseline lotion, 1 tube Crest toothpaste, 1 bottle Irish Spring body wash, 5 Dry Idea roll on deodorants, 1 Colgate Max White, 2 Colgate Max Fresh, 1 Crest Pro-Health Enamel, 2 Hylands teething tablets, 2 Skintimate shave gels, 1 pack Juicyfruit gum, 1 Softsoap coconut scrub, 2 Colgate sensitive toothpastes, 1 Zantrex 2-pack, 1 Adidas deodorant, 2 Contour monitors, 1 Bayer quick-release aspirin, 1 tub CVS-brand baby wipes.

Current ECB status: $12.00

No comments: