Sunday, May 9, 2010

CVS plan for Mother's Day 2010 - 5-9-10

I have a $2.50 ECB (from quarterly spending) and a $5 (from doing the Nivea deal last week - I used 2x$4, 2x$1, $2-2-body-wash-CRT, and did the deal).

First, I have to buy the paper (not at CVS, at Kroger, where they always have the double paper available). That will be $3 cash.

Then I'll fish out the $5 Schick coupon.

Next: Crest - $3.50 (I actually want/need the mouthwash, so I won't use the coupon that's for the toothpaste) plus Schick - $8.99 minus $5 coupon = $3.99. I'll be a penny short of my ECBs, so I'll see if the cashier will take them first. I'll break even, ECB-wise.

Then a second Crest, because I need it - use $3.50, get back $3.50.

Then 2 Right Guard deodorants - $5.98, minus $3-2 coupon, so $2.98 - and Kotex $4.99 - here's where it gets tricky, as I have the regular coupons.com printable AND the CVS-only printable. If the cashier will let me use both (and she should), I'll need $1.50 in filler stuff (paper towels or toilet paper, most likely). If not, just 50 cents in filler, which is a travel tissue pack. I'll get back $4 and $4.99 - profit!

We'll see....

Update:
Photobucket
Done! Not pictured, 12-pack of Cottonelle toilet paper. Total OOP: about $4. And I now have $9.50 in ECBs.

No comments: