Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Half-price coupons? Sign me up!

I've been enamored lately with all of the half-price-deal sites that have been popping up.

I wrote a roundup of them for Examiner.com - check it out - but I had to rave about my latest scores.

From Groupon.com, I got a half-price family membership to the High Museum of Art. This particular deal is over, but check out Groupon - they have a site for many major cities and each day they offer one really awesome deal.

On top of that, I got a half-price reloadable gift card to a favorite restaurant in Athens, GA. I paid $10 for a $25 gift certificate to a local pizza/pasta place that I like going to with my mom friends. I recently got a coupon for 60% off another favorite pizza place.

Plus I use Scoutmob (which I believe is only in Atlanta) to get FREE discount coupons - again, there's a new deal every day, but with the iPod/iPhone app, you can access the deals for three months. I got 60% off at one awesome sandwich shop/gourmet shop, I got 40% off at a favorite brunch spot, and I'm planning to use another 60% deal at a local smoothie shop.

These sites are a great way to be frugal while still getting to go out, go shopping, and get some culture! LOVE IT.

No comments: