Friday, March 13, 2009

CVS Scenario for 3/15/09

OK, option A is to go tomorrow to the CVS that I know starts its sales on Saturday and use my $1/Colgate coupon (that expires on 3/14) to make $1 on the Colgate.

Option B is more likely.

Transaction 1:
Dry Idea - $2.99
Newspaper - $2.50
Use $2/Dry Idea coupon (printable from coupons.com), $3 ECBs, pay 50 cents + tax OOP. Get back $2.

Fish out coupons and then get:

Colgate - $2.99
Irish Spring - $4.99

Use .50/Irish Spring, .75/Colgate [I just noticed this will be for the "Total" line - and I don't know for sure that the free Colgate is part of that line, so I may not be able to use that.]

Total is $6.73 - I think I probably have a combo of ECBs that will equal $7 so I'll add filler, pay whatever OOP, get back $7.98 - or use $6 ECBs + the money card, pay a tiny bit OOP, get back $7.98. Not sure yet. But basically end up with close to what I started with - getting the paper for free, hooray!

We'll see. I'm reevaluating and if the Colgate coupon isn't for the right thing, the 50 cent Irish Spring coupon isn't worth it for me to fish out (I'd just have to add a 50 cent filler, basically). So here's Option C:

Colgate - $2.99
Irish Spring - $4.99
Dry Idea - $2.99
Double paper - $2.50

Use $2/Dry Idea coupon. Total will be $11.47 (I have to figure out what combination of Bucks I have). I'll get back $9.98.

Edit: Two different forums (hotcouponworld and afullcup) are reporting that the Dry Idea limit is 3. I have four coupons printed now - and I think I may go for it, as that $3 in overage would cover my newspaper! My total would be $13.45 [I could use $12.99 in ECBs and 41 cents on my money card] and I'd get back $13.98!

No comments: